Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Let It Go
I shared this story at our service tonight and feel like I should also share it here. When I first met Aaron I was working as a vet. assistant. The most handsome man I have ever seen walked in. He made his way to the check in desk and introduced himself and his dog Petey. As it turned out Petey was there because he had cancer. I saw Aaron many times over the next few weeks when he would bring Petey in and I started to develop a little crush on him. Finally, He ask me out to dinner. The night of the dinner I pilled the make up on, wore my skankiest outfit, I was ready. When we arrived at the restaurant I was shocked to see another couple there. He explained that he was a pastor and it wasn't proper to be on a date with a woman alone. I was in a state of shock! A PASTOR!! This was so not where I saw my life heading. I was looking for fun, partying, drinking, smoking, sex, all the stuff a pastor doesn't do. No, I said this can't work between us. I told him that night I just didn't see a relationship working between. us. Aaron went home and prayed about it and God told him I WAS the one for him, keep trying. I kept seeing Aaron and I kept telling myself and God "NO, No he's not the one for me" After a week or two Aaron invited me to friend day his church. I reluctantly agreed to go.This is when God really started working on my heart. I started going with him every Sunday, then Sunday night, then Wednesday night. I quit smoking, drinking, cussing, dressing immodestly, and caking on the makeup. I started really looking at where God wanted me to be. I started wearing skirts and growing my hair as it says in the bible. I just couldn't give up control though. I still told God and Aaron no. One day it hit me, I need to surrender, to submit to God and his will. God gave me these feelings for this man no matter how I fight them. I may not have wanted to be a pastors wife at first but that doesn't matter, God wanted me to be.Since I learned this lesson I have been blessed beyond words. God has given me a Godly, hardworking, handsome, kind husband. He has given me beautiful children and a lovely home. I would have missed out on all of this if I had not submitted to God and His will.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment