Monday, February 25, 2013

Home Schooling

This year Collin started second grade and Cara started first grade. This is my first year teaching more than one student. Luckily we are so blessed to have a larger home and were able to devote an entire room just to our home school classroom. It has taken a little while to get it completely done but it sure is coming together nicely! I found some really nice desks at an auction, along with book cases, an adult desk, chalkboards, dry erase board, and an easel. Its just a start but I think it's just great so far and I cant wait to watch it grow with our family.

This is the kids desk area with their file drawers dividing them. Collin sits on the left and Cara on the right.

The wooden cabinet is where I am keeping supplies like pencils, markers, crayons, paper, paint, erasers, etc. I hope to get a more open shelving system before Connor starts school. 

This is the desk I share with Aaron when he needs it. I pay bills, do lesson plans, grade assignments, make lists and of course blog from this lovely disaster. It is not actually in the classroom but in an adjoining room with and open doorway.


My next project will be painting the classroom and book cases but it may have to wait until the baby is born. I cant wait to get more done!

No comments:

Post a Comment