Aaron and I recently spent some time counselling a young couple who have been married 5 months. They wanted our view on birth control. Normally this is a black and white issue, birth control causes abortions, abortion is murder, murder is a sin. In this case though there's more to it, she has just been diagnosed with breast cancer and will be starting chemo. Obviously, you don't WANT to get pregnant on chemo. I just kept thinking "The Lord Provideds". So what exactly do I mean? God provided us a way to avoided pregnancy without abortion causing pills.
It amazes me that so many young married women don't know about natural family planning. This couple had never even heard of it. I googled it and printed it out for her so she could read up on it at home.I don't believe that in a normal situation a husband and wife should use this. I think this should be saved for situations like this.
No comments:
Post a Comment